Tuesday, December 15, 2015

150th anniversary of Printemps

So this is just a mini post about the 150th anniversary of the giant department store Printemps. I happened to hear about the window displays and how elaborate they were, and I had intended on checking them out at some point. But the other day, my normal RER was experiencing crazy delays, so I had to use Gare Saint-Lazare to get home. After class, I had lunch with a friend and afterward got some Starbucks and read for a bit at Saint-Lazare. I didn't feel like heading home yet, so instead I decided to wander around the area, and just happened to end up on this super ritzy shopping street, Boulevard Haussmann, where Printemps is located. Happy coincidence! And the window displays were no joke. A lot of the major designers you can find at Printemps combined their efforts and created some truly amazing Christmas displays. I took so many videos and pictures, I decided to just post them all here so everyone could see how incredible they were. I think this weekend I'm going to make it a point to go all over Paris at night to see the lights, and I definitely want to come back and see the Printemps buildings lit up. But for now, I hope you enjoy these as much as I did!






This next one actually scanned your face and put it on this fairy, so that's me!